BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Ross Norton
Citizens: John and Ruth Nelson
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
2. The public hearing was held regarding adoption of MMA’s General Assistance Ordinance appendices A, B, C and F. There were no comments from the public. George moved to adopt the Appendices to the Ordinance as proposed by MMA for October 5, 2008 through October 1, 2009. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 2-0.
3. Warrant No.14 for $50,145.65 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Ross, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
4. The minute of September 29th were read. George made a motion to approve as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
5. A big thank you was extended to John and Ruth Nelson for donating the 6x6 stringers for the foot bridge at the flag pole. A big thank you goes to Bill Hopkins and Dennis Dunbar for the assembly.
6. George telephoned Scott Beane to make arrangements to meet on Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. with CMA Gene Huskins to discuss his property assessment.
7. A letter was received from Reed Valleau stating that he believes an error was made on his 2008 tax card. George will review.
8. Angela Trombley asked to rent the Town Hall to hold community yoga classes on Monday mornings from 8:00 to 9:15 and Tuesday evenings from 5:00 to 6:15 for approximately 6 to 8 weeks. The selectmen suggest $25.00 per day to cover heat and electricity. She will also need to furnish a copy of her insurance. George will call Risk Management at MMA.
civil action regarding the prescriptive public easement on
10. George moved to contact Eric Kluck regarding the 400 cyds (+/-) of town sand at Ron Harrison’s pit. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 2-0.
11. George motioned to adjourn at 8:56 pm; Ross, 2nd; vote 2-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Ross Norton