BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Ben Crehore, John & Ruth Nelson and Sarah Rhinelander
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. Warrant No.16 for $9,511.38 was reviewed. George motioned to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
3. Minutes of the October 11, 2006 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to approve as written;
Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1. (Jack was not present at that meeting.)
4. Sarah Rhinelander submitted the final report of the Compensation Committee and also a cover letter
asking if the selectmen wanted them to continue to meet and do some research on questions that had
arisen to prepare for next year.
5. Citizens’ Issues:
A. Ben asked when the tax bills would be going out.
B. John asked if the selectmen should limit the amount of salt to be spread during the winter to avoid
problems with island wells.
6. A letter to E. Davies Allan thanking him for his work clearing the stumps from the sand & salt shed area
7. A letter to Clarence and Hazel Colby concerning granting them an abatement was signed.
8. The public hearing on the referendum questions for the upcoming election has been rescheduled
for October 26 at 7:00 p.m.
9. A letter from the Department of Conservation relating to a problem with funding extra engineering work
by Pine Tree Engineering was reviewed. They requested George sign and return the letter. Jack moved
and Brenda seconded a motion for George to comply. The vote was unanimous.
10. George moved to appoint Mary E. (Mickie) Smith to the Ad Hoc Committee for Wright House and Non-
Easement Property Committee to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Jon Williams. Brenda
seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
11. Theodore Graff’s request for a copy of his property card, his neighbor’s card and a meeting with the
CMA was answered by George that the CMA will be available the weekend of November 11 and 12.
12. A letter from Reed Valleau was received explaining that the reported code violation was unwarranted as
he has not used his boathouse as a dwelling.
13. George moved to adjourn at 9:06 p.m. Brenda seconded; vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton