Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
October 18, 2010
Selectmen: George D. Richardson Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney
Public Hearing on General Assistance Maximums on Appendices A, B & C Ordinance:
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:05 p.m.
2. George motioned to adopt the General Assistance Maximums on Appendices A, B & C Ordinance; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 12:07 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
BOS Meeting Commenced:
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:10 p.m.
2. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrants No. 16, dated October 18, 2010 for $105,089.65 (Payroll - $550.00 and Payables - $105,039.65); Jerry, 2nd: vote: 3-0.
George motioned to approve Warrant No. 17, dated October 18, 2010 for $617.00 for payables; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Minutes: The minutes of the August 04, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Citizen Issues:
Bill Cooney advised the BOS on problems regarding the Flag Pole area at the North End and the Town Hall:
A. The trees and bush at the flagpole area need cutting/pruning due to encroachment around the flagpole and signboard. George motioned to allow the cutting/pruning as needed; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
B. Two down-light lamps are needed for ballot counting, etc. because the existing overhead lighting was determined to be inadequate. George motioned to allow the purchase from Lowes using the Town discount; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. Bid Opening for Wright House Repairs: George opened
the only bid returned. It was from Jason
Abbott who thanked the BOS but declined to bid due to his work load. The BOS
agreed to resubmit the bid offer to
7. Emergency Generator building behind the Town Office: The BOS discussed progressing on the building erection. It was decided that that the building kit would be erected on a near future Sunday, but first, Ross would contact Gary Cromwell to put in a gravel pad. Ross offered to pick up several pieces of waterproof tongue and groove flooring and determine how to fasten them to the flooring kit. Further planning and discussion are still required.
8. Committee Appointments: George motioned to approve the following appointments:
To the AD HOC Groundwater Protection Committee until 10/17/2011:
Jerry Bodmer (Seconded by Ross; vote: 2-0-1)
David Blake, Archie Bonyun, Dennis Dunbar, William Hopkins and Gary Richardson
(Seconded by Jerry; vote: 3-0).
To the Budget Committee to replace Kimberly Greenleaf until June 30, 2011:
Gary Webber, Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0
9. Meeting Adjourned:
George moved to adjourn the meeting at 1:45 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer