BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING
Board members present: George Richardson, Jr., Reginald J. Lee and John B. Swanton
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at
Reviewed Warrant No. 16 dated
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes
4. Reviewed "Notice of Public Hearing" to appear in Boothbay Register, Wiscasset Newspaper and Lincoln County Weekly, to be held by Board of Selectmen and the Town Hall Committee on November 2, 2005 at 6:30 p.m. at the town office regarding acceptance of grant money to paint the town hall and also the possibility of purchasing a new furnace.
5. The Board of Selectmen signed a letter to Tim Glidden, Director of
LMF program dated
6. Board of Selectmen signed letter to Richard DeVries
7. The Board of Selectmen signed a letter to Ms. Ellen Schroeder
8. The Board of Selectmen
signed a letter to David and Carol Spiegel dated
9. The Board of Selectmen signed
a letter to
10. The Board of Selectmen
signed the appointment of
11. Reviewed e-mail from Dennis
Dunbar to Reggie, dated
12. Reviewed letter to Board of Selectmen from David Spiegel, Chairman of the Westport Island Conservation Commission, regarding designated "focus areas" totaling over 1,900 acres located at the south end of the island with an assessed value of $4.8 million. The Conservation Commission desires to write a letter to owners of "focus areas" advising them that their property be considered especially valuable for conservation.
13. Reviewed Fire Chief Bob Mooney's proposal of a mandatory emergency management ordinance.
14. Reviewed e-mail from Dennis
Dunbar to Board of Selectmen dated
15. Board of Selectmen discussed who will cut and remove trees from the salt shed site. George motioned to contract with Mike Lucas for a fee of $2,600.00 contingent upon proof of insurance. Jack seconded the motion and the vote was 3-0.
16. George moved to close the meeting at ; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton