Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
November 1, 2010
Selectmen: George D. Richardson Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: John and Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
Bid Award for Wright House Repairs:
1. Commenced at 12:00 Noon
2. George announced that only one bid was received and it was from Island Contractor Ron Stead. After reviewing the bid proposal, George motioned to table any action until it is determined how much money is available in the Wright Property account before we authorize the repair and negotiate with Mr. Stead to discuss the work that will be done; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
BOS Meeting Commenced:
3. George called the meeting to order at 12:07 p.m.
4. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrants No. 19, for a total of $ 7,936.02 (Payroll - $2,414.64 and Payables - $5,521.38); Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Minutes: The minutes of the October 25, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. Permit by Rule: George read a DEP “Permit by Rule Notification” authorization issued on 10/06/10 by the DEP for a repair to a “haul-out” owned by Gary Webber. Discussion followed between the BOS and Ruth Nelson (Chair, Planning Board) regarding the probability of revising the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance and Pier, Ramp and Float Permit application to add a “haul-out” provision. George advised that the ordinance and application could only be revised with a public hearing and approval by the Town.
7. Road signs: Due to public requests, George authorized the Road Commissioner to
purchase and install black on yellow 15 MPH road signs for the North End Road
Prescriptive Public Easement at the top of the hill, northbound before Nancy
Piela’s house, and on
8. Committee Appointments: George motioned to appoint the following:
To the Conservation Commission:
John Nelson from Member to Associate until 11/01/2011
Judy Reeves to Member until 02/02/2012
Dan Bradford to Member until 02/02/2012
Richard Tucker to Associate until 11/01/2011
Donna Curry to Associate until 11/01/2011
To the Cemetery Committee:
Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
9. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 1:35 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
10. George reopened the meeting at 1:45 p.m.
11. George motioned to change the weekly BOS meetings to commence at 6:30 p.m. starting Nov.8, 2010; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
12. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 1:50 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer