BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board Members: George D. Richardson Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Jack Swanton
Citizens: Paul Bonyun, Michelle Chartier, Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Ruth Nelson,
and Ross & Terri Norton
Guests: Charlotte Boynton and her daughter Patty Haines
1. George Called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m.
2. Warrant # 20 for $17,253.20 was reviewed. George moved to approve it, Jack 2nd, vote unanimous.
3. The minutes of 11/01/06 were reviewed. George moved to accept with an amendment to read, “Most citizens in attendance were in costume,”. Brenda seconded the motion. Vote: unanimous.
4. The selectmen each received a copy of a booklet written about the Clough Point project to make it handicapped accessible.
5. Minutes of the Public Hearing on the General Assistance Ordinance were reviewed and signed. A copy is attached.
6. Bill Cooney reported the Town Hall painting project is finished. He commented that Danny and Albert did a terrific job and left the hall very clean.
7. Ross and Terri Norton need a letter from the selectmen stating how and when we bill for taxes. Susan has agreed to call Michelle Dostie at Gardiner Savings, Augusta 582-5550 ext. 2228 and explain it to her. If she still needs a letter, she will fax one to 588-2146.
8. Ruth Nelson came with a question about space at the Town Hall and a conflict between the Community Association and the Historical Committee. George recalls telling the Historical Committee they could share the space.
Planning Board has a question about filling the vacancy left by Jeff Hinderliter who has moved from
10. George read a letter from George Powell referencing services from Pine Tree Engineering. Additional expenses due to disputes will be deducted from the grant. George motioned to sign the letter and return it. Brenda seconded the motion. Vote: unanimous.
11. Assessing letters were signed for Nancy Boyce and Jan Brown regarding their properties. George motioned to send them; Jack, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
12. The bus drivers requested their payroll checks on Tuesday next week because of the Thanksgiving holiday. The selectmen agreed to meet on Tuesday next week and sign the warrants.
13. Judy Richardson would like to join the Human Resource Committee. Brenda motioned to accept her nomination to the committee. Jack seconded the motion. Vote: unanimous.
14. A motion to adjourn was made by Brenda at 8 p.m.; George, 2nd; Vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton