BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
NOVEMBER 21, 2006
Board Members: George D. Richardson Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Jack Swanton
Citizens:† †††††† †††††Ben Crehore, Dennis Dunbar, Ruth and John Nelson
Guests: †††††††††††††††Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper; Josh Bryant and Justine Rines, POD
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 22 for $12,364.81 was presented. George moved to accept; Jack 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve the minutes of November 23, 2006; Brenda 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. The selectmen discussed the informational meeting held in October concerning the valuations of Map 7, Lots 53.1 and 53.2 owned by Bill Hoffman. Mr. Hoffman misunderstood the purpose of the meeting. George gave Gene the property cards in question for his review. Jack motioned to table further discussion until Gene can review the cards and respond to Mr. Hoffman.† George seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
5. The B.O.S. reviewed letters from C.M.A. Eugene Huskins to the following people:† Mr. and Mrs. James Kain, Mr. Tom Craddock, Mr. and Mrs. Donald Giulianti and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Joyce.† George motioned to approve and send a letter to each from the Board of Assessors with a copy of Gene's letter.† Jack seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
6. George motioned to approve a letter written by Brenda to Mr. Niederstat concerning the assessment on his property which Brenda inspected with Gene; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. George reported there will be a Public Hearing on the completion of the Town Hall preservation project on 12/13/06 at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Office.
8. Fire Chief Bob Mooney reported the WVFD has added a new by-law which requires all members to have a background check. The B.O.S. requested a copy of that by-law.
9. There is a vacancy on the planning board left by Jeffrey Hinderliter. George motioned to appoint Ken Shepherd as an alternate to finish David Spiegelís term, and appoint David Spiegel to fill the remaining term of Jeffrey Hinderliter as a voting member. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
10. Brenda submitted a copy of the minutes from the Public Hearing on the Budget Committee which were taken and prepared by Linda Davis.
11. George moved to adjourn at 8:10 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton