Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
December 13, 2010
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer, Ross A. Norton
Citizens: David Bertran, Bill Cooney, Richard DeVries and Ruth Nelsom
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield of Wiscasset
1. George called the meeting to order at 6:32 p.m.
2. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrant No. 25 for a total of $5,256.41. (Payroll - $925.00 and Payables - $4,331.41); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the December 6, 2010 meeting were reviewed and corrected. George motioned to accept the amended minutes; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Citizen Issues: Bill Cooney advised that he had a problem starting the Town Hall furnace for the December 12th Community Association Christmas Party. He called Down East Energy for help and they sent a repairman who got it started but advised that the furnace needed cleaning. George advised Bill that he would try to get Troy Hodgdon to do it and Bill said that he could get Harold Shea from Wiscasset if necessary.
Bill also advised the Selectmen that he needed a deep cabinet to store town records at the Town Hall as well as he was going to look into a fire suppression system for the Town Hall records storage area.
David Bertran discussed the Wiscasset By-Pass issue with the Selectmen. George provided David with a letter written to the members of the Wiscasset By-Pass Committee signed by the Selectmen requesting that the By-Pass Project continue in spite of recent events holding it up. George also showed David a similar letter signed by the Selectmen but sent to MDOT By-Pass Project Manager.
Richard DeVries submitted a written resignation from the Budget Committee effective December 13, 2010. The Selectmen accepted his resignation and thanked Richard for his strenuous efforts while serving on that Committee.
Ruth Nelson asked about the current fee for Town Hall rental. George advised her that generally it was $100.00 per day.
6. BOS Meeting: The Selectmen agreed that there would be no BOS meeting on December 20, 2010 due to unavailability of the Selectmen during part of the Christmas week. Charlotte Boynton from the Wiscasset Newspaper was advised.
7. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:36 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer
Ross A. Norton