Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
February 14, 2011
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer, Ross A. Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Richard DeVries & Bill Hopkins
Guests: Charlotte Boynton (Wiscasset Newspaper)
1. BOS Meeting Commenced;
George called the meeting to order at
2. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrant No.35, for a total of $19,669.12;
(Payroll - $530.00 and Payables - $19,139.12); Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0
Note: Warrant No.34 was used to correct an error on previous Warrant No.32.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the Feb.07, 2011 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept the minutes as written; Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0.
4. Citizen Issues: Bill Cooney advised the BOS that Larry Bartlett from the Lighting Engineering Firm “Bartlett Design” had provided a fee proposal of $500.00 to survey & design new lighting at the Town Hall. After a discussion on how to potentially recoup costs for this entire project, George motioned to authorize the $500.00 expenditure for the lighting upgrade, survey & design: Ross 2nd, vote 3-0.
Richard DeVries provided a report
from Linda Davis (Co-Chair HRC) of the Human Services Committee regarding the
Food Pantry which is in its sixth month of operation. The report said that the
HRC is currently delivering food to 18 households (43 persons) on
Richard DeVries provided a report on State Rep. Bruce MacDonald’s newly introduced bill to give the citizens of Westport Island & Alna a choice of whether they want to pay for K-8 school choice outside the RSU.
Richard DeVries provided e-mail
regarding his progress on advising/questioning Jerry Nault (RSU12 Finance
5. Human Resource Committee driver mileage reimbursement: At the request of the HRC, George motioned to set a policy to reimburse HRC drivers at a rate of $.30 per mile to be paid from HRC funds: Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0.
6. Grant Application on Barrett Property: Bill Hopkins discussed with the BOS the proposal for
funding the purchase of the Barrett property (202 acres of land on the
7. Loan Rate on the Wright Property Loan: George advised the BOS that the loan rate has recently increased from 1.29% to 1.30 %. All agreed that it is still an excellent rate for today’s market.
8. Town Report Cover: George advised the BOS, and all present, of his idea for this year’s Town report cover but requested suggestions from anyone.
9. Jetty Project: George advised the BOS that Pine Tree Engineering had provided a list of potential bidders for the project. Eight firms have requested bid packages to date.
10. Meeting Adjourned: George moved to adjourn the meeting at 08:30 PM; Ross 2nd, vote 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr. - 1st Selectman
Gerald A. Bodmer - 2nd -Selectman
Ross A. Norton - 3rd Selectman